So, the family was here last week for ten days! It was great for me to share parts of my life with them. We also had some crazy times: a mad pre-shabbat rush to the dead sea in which our GPS took us halfway around Israel, an amazing trip to Ein Gedi involving hiking and swimming and beautiful weather (as it was all week), a tour of the first neighborhood of Jerusalem, visits to some of my classes, an inspiring and musical tefillah at Shira Chadashah ("New Song"), and a fantastic week in a beautiful Jerusalem apartment.
Other news...
Yesterday was a busy day - I went with David Project of Israel Advocacy on a trip to sift through excavations from the Old City, learn about the Jerusalem border conflict, and visit with children from Save A Child's Heart Foundation (an Israel founded and based foundation that treats international children from developing countries that suffer from heart diseases). Then I rushed to the seminary Art Competition to support my friends who submitted their work. The pieces were absolutely beautiful, and one of HaRova's girls placed in third. (Woo!) Then I took a ridiculously slow bus to Emek Refaim to meet up with a new friend of mine who's going to Brandeis next year to bond over music and other various things. All together a great, but exhausting day.
I can't really say much else other than that, except that now that I've shared my home with my family, it feels more like home, too. I'm really looking forward to all of the excitement and activity coming up in the next month - including Purim, Poland, Ukraine, Italy, and Pesach (!!!). The months are going to fly! Thanks for checking in!
Gabriella
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment