Dear Friends and Family,
Welcome to my blog! I hope you found it without too much trouble.
As you may know, I am spending this academic year in Jerusalem, Israel, in a dormitory with other girls attending my seminary, Midreshet Harova. At Harova, I will be studying Jewish texts, philosophy, and laws, as well as learning about Israel and becoming more fluent in Hebrew. I'll also be doing community service in Jerusalem, as well as touring most of Israel.
Since I will be far away and, in most cases, unable to communicate on a regular basis, I decided I would start a blog (as you can see). I'll try to write regularly, hopefully at least once a week, and I'll give updates on how my year is going and what I've been doing. Otherwise, if you want to get in touch with me, please email me at Gabriellaesther@yahoo.com, or Skype me (my username is gabriella.feingold).
So here's my first update:
I'm almost done packing! I have a staging area where essentially my entire world is piled up, ready to be stuffed into the two suitcases I'm allowed. A week from this very moment, I will be just arriving in New York with my family for a nice dinner before I take off! I couldn't be more excited. I've been facebooking my roommates (there are FIVE of us in one room), and I can tell it's going to be a great year. I'm anticipating lasting friendships, spiritual growth, and a year where I can just focus on myself without any pressure whatsoever! And all of this will happen just a few hundred feet from the Western Wall.
It's strange that I've only been to Israel once, and yet I feel such a connection to it. I can't wait to tell you all about the discoveries I make there. I've even already been given coupons from a friend to what I hear is the most fantastic, unexplainably delicious bagel shop in the Jewish Quarter. I'll let you know how those turn out.
So, sometimes my posts with be long, sometimes I may only have time to type a few sentences in between classes. Either way, I hope my excitement will show through so that you can enjoy reading about this crazy, once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity year!
Next time in Jerusalem!
Love,
Gabriella
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I <3 you. A lot. And will miss you. A lot. ): But I can't wait to keep up with your blog!! :D
ReplyDeleteps. we BETTER keep touch on a regular basis!!
pps. I also have been to Israel only once and feel an immense connection with it.